Well, folks, I’ve really enjoyed my week off of writing/editing. I did a project for my Graphic Design class, worked on a college application, and watched some Harry Potter movies.
But yesterday, it was time. With NaNoWriMo looming just two weeks away, I decided I’d better hunker down and get to work. Therefore, Chapter 1 has now been line-edited. It’s a really awesome feeling just being able to mark up a piece of paper. I like it. A lot.
The photographic proof:
So far, I’ve noticed a few things:
- I’m making a lot more notes/ corrections than I was expecting to.
- I actually really like this story
- Sometimes I just didn’t convey things well. Having a definitive knowledge of where the story is going really helps me sort out characters and plot points and such.
- It’s actually really fun to edit.
- I’m gonna have to work really, really hard to get it done and corrected by November 1st.
But hey, NaNoWriMo is all about crazy deadlines, so why not get some practice with ’em?
That’s all for now, folks. I’ve gotta run – teen writer’s club at my library tonight!