Exams are done. Homework is a distant memory. Sleeping in can happen every day of the week. The colors on my blog have magically changed. (Actually I did that, do you like it?)
Ah, it must be Christmas break! Which means I’m sublimely happy, because of these 14 Christmas Break-related things.
- Time. Time to read, to write, to read some more, to sleep in, to read some more, etc.
- All things Christmas-related. Tree, lights, ornaments, too many cookies, wreathes, red candles, smiles.
- The Christmas music. Pentatonix is amazing. August Burns Red is such epic. Owl City’s “Permitting Winter” is glorious. Heck, even Coldplay has a Christmas song. I adore Christmas music on such a deep level, getting to hear songs by my favorite artists, getting to explore new genres, getting to just soak it all up.
- Presents. Figuring out what to get my family and friends. Also, wrapping paper, bows, handmade gifts, hiding the presents so they aren’t discovered, thinking about what makes people happy.
- This is specific to this year, but STAR WARS! Like, STAR WARS IS COMING OUT IN LESS THAN A WEEK. I CAN’T EVEN.
- College peeps are home! I have a brother and several close friends that go to school kinda far away, and they’ll be home soon. I can’t wait.
- Christmas earrings. I am currently wearing my most favorite pair of earrings ever – penguins in santa hats. I can only wear them about 5 weeks out of the year, and I cherish every moment of it.
- That feeling when I come downstairs each morning and plug in the Christmas lights on the tree, and I just gasp a little at how lovely it is and the ornaments are wonderful and I can’t even.
- Also, I dug out an old lego “Holiday Train” that I bought when I was about 12. I then installed a headlight and a motor from another train, and now it’s running happy little circles around our tree and each lap brings another wave of happiness and nostalgia into my heart.
- The little things. Candy canes, warm coffee. Christmas cards in the mail. Houses lit up as we drive by at night. That one ornament that brings back a special memory. That Christmas movie that makes me laugh every single time.
- Doctor Who Christmas episode. Enough said.
- The happiness that fills my heart every time I think of the baby in the manger. God himself as a human, come to die that we might have life. The joy and peace and hope because of him.
What makes you happy about Christmas? Or do you celebrate another winter holiday? What are your favorite details? I think that the world is an overall better place when we make lists of things that are amazing. So add to my list of amazing in the comments below.